Title II, Part A: Supporting Effective Instruction
The purpose of Title II, Part A: Supporting Effective Instruction is to
- increase student achievement aligning with the challenging State academic standards;
- improve the quality and effectiveness of teachers, principals, and other school leaders;
- increase the number of teachers, principals, and other school leaders who are effective in improving student academic achievement in schools; and
- provide low-income and minority students greater access to effective teachers, principals, and other school leaders.
For our MCSD schools, Title II, Part A funding supports
- increased professional development and educational endorsements for teachers;
- face to face English as a Second Language certification courses for district teachers;
- literacy based professional development days for teachers to improve instructional strategies; and
- partially fund Literacy Coaches to provide onsite professional development and work with teachers on improving their efficacy in addressing the needs of all students.