Community Internship Program:
Monroe Occupation and Vocational Experiences (MOVE)
What is the MOVE Community Internship Program?
- A partnership between the MCSD and community businesses to provide career training for high school students interested in entering the workforce after graduation.
- Paid (subsidized), on-the-job training, combined with related instruction, which results in the intern attaining the occupational and academic mastery necessary to be career-ready.
- A strong pipeline between schools and community businesses ensuring that students are career-ready and employers have a workforce that meets their needs.
What are the benefits?
As a MCSD Community Internship sponsor you will:
- Attract interested, qualified, career-oriented applicants in your area of need,
- Train students before they enter the workforce, reducing the cost of training new employees and employee turnover, and
- Establish a partnership between your company and the MCSD.
What are your obligations?
As a MCSD Community Internship sponsor you are expected to:
- Hire an intern at the agreed upon salary and employment terms,
- Provide appropriate supervision by a qualified employee that will provide job-related instruction and guidance,
- Verify the intern’s record of completed internship hours,
- Complete a short quarterly evaluation of the intern during their employment, and
- Consider the intern for permanent employment after graduation if applicable.