The Instructional Materials Department is responsible for the following:
- K-12 Textbook Distribution and Ordering
- Supplemental Materials Distribution
- Dual Enrollment Textbook Reimbursement
- Testing Materials Distribution and Collection
- Warehousing and Surplus
- Digital Access for students and Staff
Required Health Curriculum Grades 6-12
Comprehensive Health Education is required instruction per Florida State statute 1003.42(2)(n). The curriculum includes 13 components of health that are age and developmentally-appropriate.
The topics are consumer health, community health, environmental health, mental and emotional health, injury prevention and safety, internet safety, nutrition, personal health, prevention and control of disease, substance use and abuse, and prevention of child sexual abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Human growth and development, including puberty and sexual health education, is an integral part of these components.
The Monroe County School District acknowledges that parents/guardians are the primary sexuality educators for their child(ren) and we are committed to partnering with you to provide supplementary resources to support you in this role.
- Grade 6 - Adolescent Development FLASH Grade 6
- Grade 7 - Human Reproduction Flash Middle School
- Grade 8 - Human Reproduction Flash Middle School
- Grades 9 - 12 - Abstinence STIS (Including AIDS/HIV) Flash High School
Parents/guardians have the right to opt their child out of any portion of the school district’s comprehensive health education required under 1003.42(2)(n) that relates to sex education instruction in acquired immune deficiency syndrome education, or any instruction regarding sexuality. Digital copies of the materials presented are available for review on the December 14, 2021 School Board Agenda.
A paper copy of the opt-out form is available online and will be provided via paper approximately three weeks before the lessons are scheduled to be completed. Families can print and sign the printable opt-out form linked below, and return it to your child’s school.
Instructional Materials Adoption English Language Arts and Mathematics
Kindergarten - Fifth, Benchmark Advance:
- https://nsdba.benchmarkuniverse.com, Username: Florida_Publicstu1, Password: password
Grade Six - Twelve, Savvas My Perspectives:
- My Perspectives Grade 6
- My Perspectives Grade 7
- My Perspectives Grade 8
- My Perspectives Grade 9
- My Perspectives Grade 10
- My Perspectives Grade 11
- My Perspectives Grade 12
MCSD 2022-2027 Mathematics instructional materials recommendations for public review:
- Kindergarten - Fifth, McGraw Hill Reveal
my.mheducation.com, Username: flrevealk5public, Password: flrevealk5pblic
- Grade 6- Pre-Algebra and Accelerated Math, Math Nation
http://www.mathnation.com/public, Open Access
- High School Algebra/Geometry and Algebra 2, Savvas enVision
savvas.com/flbestmathreview, Username: FLBESTMath. Password: BEST4FL