The Instructional Materials Department
- K-12 Textbook Distribution and Ordering
- Supplemental Materials Distribution
- Dual Enrollment Textbook Reimbursement
- Warehousing and Surplus
- Digital Access for students and Staff
Adopted Instructional Materials
Social Studies Adoption 2023-2024
- The Monroe County School District has begun the review process for the Social Studies Instructional Materials Adoption. Once available for review, the digital resources will be posted on this web page and available for review. The core resources that have been submitted for evaluation were selected from the FLDOE 2022-2023 K-12 Social Studies Instructional Materials Adoption List
- Additional resources for advanced programs may be reviewed from materials listed as appropriate for the program indicated.
- We encourage parent and community participation in our adoption process. If you would like to serve on a textbook adoption committee and formally review the resources, please contact Dr. Lori Reid at email@example.com. Requests must be received by October 10, 2023.
- Please note that the adoption committee requires a commitment to attend all meetings. The first meeting will be a training offered on October 17, 2023 via TEAMs. A second meeting will be scheduled for November 15, 2023 if needed. One member will be chosen for each grade band; K-5. 6-8, 9-12.
- These meetings are in addition to the approximately 30 hours of individual review time. Your participation on the committee is on a volunteer basis.
- All meetings are open to the public. Please email Lori.Reid@keysschools.com for a meeting link if you would like to attend.
- Policies and Procedure Specifications for Florida Instructional Materials Adoption
Useful Files / Documents
- Clever Student Login Instructions
- Instructional Materials Petition Form
- Instructional Materials Return Receipt
- Savvas Easy Bridge Class/Product Assignments for Teachers
- Quick Card User Guide
Parental Choice Library Book Restriction Form
Parents may utilize the Parental Choice Library Restriction Form to restrict titles their child may check out in the school library. Please complete the form and return it to your child’s teacher or librarian. This form is only required when a parent is seeking to restrict access to materials in the media center.
District Adopted Core and Supplemental Instructional Materials
Objecting to Instructional Materials
Parents/legal guardians or county residents may object to instructional materials and other materials used in the classroom based on beliefs regarding morality, sex, and religion or the belief that such materials are harmful. The procedures for objecting to instructional materials can be found: