Monroe District Virtual School
Registration for the 2022-2023 School Year is now Open
The fall semester of My District Virtual School (MDVS) will begin on August 10, 2022. Enrollment will open on May 12, 2022 and will close on July 11, 2022. This is for full-time instruction in Monroe District Virtual (a minimum of 6 courses). Please see the following enrollment information and requirements:
- Student/family must submit a school choice form to Leslie.Holmes@keysschools.com for initial intent to enroll.
- After receipt and processing of the form, an email will be sent to the parents / guardians regarding the steps required to enroll. There will be a conference with the family to review courses and to go over expectations and requirements, including that the student will complete six (6) courses for the school year.
- Enrollment is for a semester term through My District Virtual School (MDVS) in partnership with FLVS.
- Exceptions for alternative placement will require a meeting with the MDVS Counselor, the Alternative Education Director, and the Virtual Coordinator.
- Students must be in good standing with physical school at the time of application.
- Students in credit recovery are not candidates for full-time virtual school and should be referred to alternative education or in-school options.
- Students must participate in all state testing at local schools which will be coordinated through Monroe County School District’s Virtual Programs Coordinator.
- Enrollment will close on July 11, 2022. Any additional enrollments will require approval from the Virtual Programs Coordinator.
- All enrollments MUST be completed by August 31, 2022. No exceptions to this date will be accepted for traditional MDVS.
- Students in MDVS are part of the Monroe County School District and have access to extra-curricular activities such as athletics and school-sponsored clubs and organizations.
- Students in MDVS are not eligible to participate in STUDENT ONLY EVENTS at the local school. This includes, but is not limited to, prom, graduation, luaus, etc.
- Students are required to COMPLETE the course and all content to be awarded credit. Students have 18 weeks to complete course work with a 100% completion to receive credit.
- ESE/EL/504 supports are provided through the district in a limited manner. All students who have IEP/504 plans should include a staffing specialist before making the decision to transfer to virtual.