Although there is no cut-off date for registering, students are urged to register at the local school early to avoid processing delays and to ensure they can attend school on opening day. Parents and students register at the local school office.
Please fill out the following registration forms:
- Click this link to access and print out the MCSD registration form for your student
- Parental Consent for School Health Services - English Spanish Creole
- Age Requirements - Students entering pre-kindergarten classes must be 4 years old on or before September 1. Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1. To enter first grade, students must be 6 years old on or before September 1 and should have successfully completed kindergarten.
- School Choice - Under the Monroe County School District’s School Choice Plan, parents who wish to enroll their child in a school that is not in their resident attendance area must complete a school choice application form. For those students who are already attending a Monroe County School that is not in their resident attendance area, parents must complete an Intent to Remain form.
- Virtual Instruction Program - The Monroe County School District offers a full-time virtual instruction program through a district franchise with the Northeast Florida Educational Consortium (NEFEC).
- Entering For the First Time - Students entering Monroe County Public Schools for the first time must present the following documents:
- An original birth certificate or alternative must be presented (see Florida Statutes 232.03)
- Proof of age and legal name
- Proof of a current physical examination and a current certificate of immunization DH-680 - Florida Department of Health Immunization Guide
- Proof of current address - (homestead exemption card, mortgage payment book, lease agreement, house insurance, voter's registration card, or most recent utility bill are acceptable)
- Parent/Guardian drivers license
- School Maps - Information and maps depicting school locations and boundaries.
- Bus Routes - Managed by the Transportation Department
- Online Meal Application - apply for free/reduced meals
For more information concerning immunizations or health issues, contact the Monroe County Health Department:
1100 Simonton Street
Key West, FL 33040
Phone: (305) 293-7500