Parent Activities and Meetings 2019-2020
August 26 5:30 Welcome and Important Info
October 17th 5:30 Ways to Support Your Childs Education
November 14th 5:30 Home Financial Management
February 20th 5:30 Making Healthy Decisions
March 26th 5:30 Understanding Student Report Cards
April 16th 5:30 Positive Discipline fo Kids
May 20 5:30 Summer Information Night - On Google Meet
ADVISORY MEETING DATES:
February 20 and April 16 21st CCLC Advisory Meeting starting at 5pm
- provide opportunities during non-school hours for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet the challenging State academic standards;
- offer students a broad array of additional services, programs and activities during non-school hours such as youth development activities, service learning, nutrition and health education, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, arts, music, physical fitness and wellness programs, technology education programs, financial literacy programs, environmental literacy programs, mathematics, science, career and technical programs, internship or apprenticeship programs, and other ties to an in-demand industry sector or occupation for high school students that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students; and
- offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education, including opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
- Students needing additional tutoring services to boost academic acheivement
- Students scoring red in STAR
- Students reccommended by Teachers
- Targets students attending schools eligible for Title I School-Wide Program services and/or schools with at least 40% of the student body receiving free and reduced-price lunch.
follow this link above to read the full grant
For Questions about the 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant please contact:
21st Century Virtual Summer 2020
21st Century Gerald Adams Elementary:
5855 College Rd
Key West, FL 33040
Site Coordinator: Ashley Henriquez
The Summer Enrichment Program provides a wide range of learning and enrichment activities. During the program your child will participate in Language Arts, Math, and Science, as well as theatre, art, music and physical fitness.
Summer Program Hours
Monday through Friday 8am - 2pm Virtual
Important 21st Century Information
Virtual Attendance is mandatory for all registered students. However, exceptions will be made based on parent commuicaton. 21st Century is not a drop in program and students are expected to attend from start to finish each program day.
Good behavior is expected in the after school program as the program is a privilege, if issues arise and are re-occurring; dismissal from the program may result.
8am to 2pm: 8am Google Meet, 9am ELA, 10am Recess - Move Around, 10:30am Math, 11:30am Social Studues/PBL, Noon Lunch, 12:30 - 2 Google Meet *Exact Schedules vary by Teacher and Grade