Parent Activities and Meetings 2018-2019
Oct. 16 Local service providers/Parent university FEB 28ST Home Financial Management
March 26 Understanding Student report cards APRIL 25 Ways to Support Your Child’s education
MAY 1 Making Healthy Decisions MAY 23 Positive Discipline for Kids
Workshops will begin at 5:45
ADVISORY MEETING DATES:
February 28th and April 30th 21st CCLC Advisory Meeting starting at 5:45pm
2019-2020 Parent Workshops and Advisory Meetings - TBA
- provide opportunities during non-school hours for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet the challenging State academic standards;
- offer students a broad array of additional services, programs and activities during non-school hours such as youth development activities, service learning, nutrition and health education, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, arts, music, physical fitness and wellness programs, technology education programs, financial literacy programs, environmental literacy programs, mathematics, science, career and technical programs, internship or apprenticeship programs, and other ties to an in-demand industry sector or occupation for high school students that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students; and
- offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education, including opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
- Students needing additional tutoring services to boost academic acheivement
- Students scoring red in STAR
- Students reccommended by Teachers
- Targets students attending schools eligible for Title I School-Wide Program services and/or schools with at least 40% of the student body receiving free and reduced-price lunch.
follow this link above to read the full grant
For Questions about the 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant please contact:
21st Century Summer
21st Century Summer will be held at Poinciana Elementary School:
1407 Kennedy Drive
Key West, FL 33040
Site Coordinator: Ashley Henriquez (305) 304-8451
The Summer Enrichment Program provides a wide range of learning and enrichment activities. During the program your child will participate in Language Arts, Math, and Science, as well as theatre, art, music and physical fitness.
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., and will run from June10, 2019 – July 18, 2019.
FREE bus service to and from school will be provided and students will receive FREE breakfast and lunch.
DAYCARE IS AVAILABLE 2:00-5:30
Important 21st Century Information
Attendance is mandatory to ensure your child’s spot in the program. If your child has seasonal sports, doctor’s appointments, or engagements throughout the school year, please communicate this with Ashley Henriquez, so the absence may be excused. 5 unexcused absences will result in dismissal from the program.
21st Century is not a drop in program and students are expected to attend from start to finish each program day.
Students are to be picked up between 5:20-5:30 daily Monday thru Thursday, or a bus service is provided. Picking up students early without a valid excuse will result in removal from the program. There is no bus service on Fridays and the program ends at 5:00 P.M. (sharp). Parents or approved family members must sign the student out of the program.
Good behavior is expected in the after school program as the program is a privilege, if issues arise and are re-occurring; dismissal from the program may result.
The students in 21st Century are allotted approximately 25 minutes to do homework, thereafter they do Project Based Learning, where an essential question is asked and by completing a hands on project, they answer the question posed to them. Thereafter, students partake in “SPARK” a physical activity program, gardening, hip hop dance, ballet, yoga, computer lab, reader’s theatre, step boxing, flag football, and/or art club. If any parent has an interest or talent that you would like to share with our students, MCSD approved parent volunteers are ALWAYS WELCOME!
21st Century Afterschool Bus Routes
HOBSS AM New Town/Sigsbee PM 7:35 SIGSBEE/GILMORE 2:25 1ST STREET/PATTERSON 7:40 NORTHSIDE/16TH 2:30 VENETIAN/AIRPORT 7:42 CINDY/19TH 2:33 12TH/FLAGLER 7:44 17TH/DUCK 2:34 15TH/DUCK 7:47 15TH/DUCK 2:40 17TH/DUCK 7:49 12TH/FLAGLER 2:42 CINDY/19TH 7:53 VENETIAN/AIRPORT 2:44 NORTHSIDE/16TH 7:58 1ST STREET/PATTERSON 2:50 SIGSBEE/GILMORE 8:00 HOB HOBSS Downtown 7:35 TRUMAN ANNEX/FT ZACH 2:25 PORTER PLACE 7:40 WHITEHEAD (PAST ANGELA) 2:30 EATON/WHITEHEAD 7:43 DOUGLAS GYM 2:32 WHITEHEAD (PAST ANGELA) 7:44 TRUMAN/EMMA 2:35 DOUGLAS GYM 7:47 AMELIA/THOMAS 2:36 TRUMAN/EMMA 7:50 EATON/WHITEHEAD 2:39 AMELIA/THOMAS 7:55 PORTER PLACE 2:45 TRUMAN ANNEX/FT ZACH 8:00 HOB AM HOBSS PM Stock Island 7:05 NAVY CLINIC 2:30 OCEANWALK 7:10 6TH/CROSS 2:35 NAVY CLINIC 7:12 10TH/CROSS 2:40 6TH/CROSS 7:15 12TH/CROSS 2:43 10TH/CROSS 7:18 ROBERTA 2:44 12TH/CROSS 7:21 BERNSTEIN PARK 2:46 ROBERTA 7:25 PINK APTS 2:50 BERNSTEIN PARK 7:30 MERCY'S BAKERY 2:53 PINK APTS 7:34 6500 MALONEY 2:55 MERCY'S BAKERY 7:35 6200 MALONEY 3:00 6500 MALONEY 7:37 ANIMAL CLINIC 3:02 6200 MALONEY 7:38 BANYAN GROVE 3:04 ANIMAL CLINIC 7:40 FLAGLER VILLAGE 3:05 BANYAN GROVE 7:45 OCEANWALK 3:06 FLAGLER VILLAGE 8:00 HOB ELEM