District Professional School CounselorsPhilosophy
The Monroe County School District adheres to the philosophy that the school counseling program is an essential and integral part of the school’s total program with a commitment to individual uniqueness, an understanding of multicultural diversity, and the maximum development of human potential. Through the collaborative efforts of counselors, this program, in conjunction with faculties, staffs, and various community agencies, will serve to facilitate students’ growth throughout their educational career. Growth and learning are developmental; therefore, school counseling must be developmental and sequential.
To implement the school counseling program in the Monroe County School District, school counselors are committed to the following beliefs:
- Professional school counselors know how vitally important it is to reach and teach all students and to make a positive impact in the life of every child in order to achieve the utmost success, regardless of individual circumstances.
- Individual student success must remain in the forefront of our minds so that every opportunity is given to provide whatever measure needed in order to reach the highest success rate possible.
- All students have the right to be served by the school counseling program.
- The school counseling and guidance program is an essential and integral part of the overall educational process.
- The school counseling program should be consistent with developmental stages of learning. Growth and learning are developmental in nature; thus students learn through different means and at individual rates.
- An ongoing program of counselor competency training/retraining is necessary to maintain a quality school counseling program.
- The professional mandates and guidelines proposed by the national and state school counselor association shall continue to set standards for the school counseling program.
- All students:
- should have access to a school counselor to discuss personal concerns
- should have access to information about occupational and educational planning
- have the right to assistance in identifying their needs in the personal/social domain
- should have the opportunity to make choices within the constraints of the educational system
As professional school counselors of Monroe County, our mission is to provide a comprehensive developmental counseling program that will both inspire and assist all students in acquiring the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to become effective students who believe in themselves, responsible citizens who work collaboratively for the greater good, and lifelong learners who always strive for more.
School 2013-2014 designation 2014-2015
designation Principal PBIS Coach Horace O’Bryant School Bronze Silver Mike Henriquez Pam Ziesmann
Nichole Smith Key Largo School None Bronze Laura Lietaert Kelley Steinmetz Stanley Switlik Elementary
Mary Lou Darczuk Plantation Key School
Jackie Patterson Poinciana …
Email: email@example.com Address: Key Largo School K-8th
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Plantation Key School
Email: email@example.com Address: Horace O'Bryant School K-5
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Key West High School
Email: email@example.com Address: Marathon Middle/High School
Darczuk, Mary Lou
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Stanley Switlik Elementary School
Email: email@example.com Address: Sigsbee Charter
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Big Pine Academy
Email: email@example.com Address: Poinciana Elementary School District Lead Counselor
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Adult & Career Education
Email: email@example.com Address: Marathon Middle/High School
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Coral Shores High School CCAPS
Email: email@example.com Address: Keys Center
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Coral Shores High School 9th
Email: email@example.com Address: Coral Shores High School 10th-11th
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Key West High School
Email: email@example.com Address: Key West High School
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Sugarloaf School
Email: email@example.com Address: Horace O'Bryant School 6th-8th
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Gerald Adams Elementary School
Email: email@example.com Address: Horace O'Bryant School 6th-8th
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Key West High School CCAPS
Email: email@example.com Address: Key Largo School K-8th
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Key West Montessori