HOB BUCCANEER FOOTBALL
HOB BUCCANEER FOOTBALL
ALTERNATIVE HOME TRAINING PROGRAM
Day 1 -Body Weight Circuit
Dynamic Warmup / Mobility (something to warm up, jumping rope, riding bike, jog around house, pre-practice warm-up, etc.)
(All exercises 1 through 7 in a row resting 30 second between each exercise. Rest 2 minutes and then repeat entire circuit for a total of 3 times)
If you are not familiar with exercise, you can easily find them on You Tube.
- Single Leg Hip Bridge (8 each leg)
- Pushups x 10
- Body Weight Squats x 20
- Towel Leg Curls x 10
- Chair dips x 10
- Jumping Jacks or Up downs x 20
- Crunches x 30
Day 2 – Speed Work (use your best estimate as to distance)
Dynamic Warmup – (pre-practice stretches) world’s greatest stretch, side lunge, retro hamstring, quad stretch, figure four, walking lunges, high knees, A skips, alternating bounds, backwards run.
- 35-yard tempo runs x 8 (45 second rest between each run) (concentrate on good form running)
- 15-yard sprints x 10 (20 second rest between sprints) (use good form and high intensity)
- Jump rope 10 sets x thirty (30) seconds. (get as many jumps in as possible). Rest 1 minute between sets. If you do not have a jump rope, place something small on floor and jump laterally over the item.
Day 3 – Weighted Lift (for added weights use a backpack filled with books, sand, cinder blocks, water jugs, small relatives, etc.). If weight is not needed, just use body weight.
- Body Weight Broad Jumps 3 x 5
- Diamond Pushups 4 x 8 (use weights on back if 8 is to easy. Should struggle to get 8)
- Reverse Lunge 4 x 8 (each leg)
- Single arm overhead press 4 x 10 (each arm) (use anything that you can hold one hand to add weight)
- Single Leg Squats 4 x 4 (each leg) (put back foot on a chair)
- Romanian Dead Lifts 4 x 12
- Single Arm Bent over rows 4 x 12 (each arm) lift back pack or gallon water bottles, whatever works
- Core workout – planks (on elbows and each side) (3 sets of 30 seconds each way)
Day 4 – Conditioning
Temp Runs: 60 yards x 10 (at an 8-10 second-pace) (30 second rest between reps)
Day 5 – Weighted Circuit
(All exercises 1 through 8 in a row resting 30 second between each exercise. Rest 2 minutes and then repeat entire circuit for a total of 3 times)
If you are not familiar with exercise, you can easily find them on You Tube. If you need wight, use a back pack filled with books, water jugs, or any object that you can hold without injuring yourself.
- Walking lunge x 20 steps
- Weighted push-ups x 10
- Up downs x 10
- Bent over rows or fat man rows x 10
- Single leg Romanian Dead Lift (10 each leg)
- Vertical jumps in place x 10
- Front raises (using weighted back pack)
- Plank Hold (45 seconds)