Mark T. Porter,
Superintendent of Schools
Regular Business Meeting
Coral Shores High School
89901 Overseas Highway
Tuesday, January 26th, 2016
Live on Channel 78 and Live Web Stream
The MISSION of the Monroe County Schools is to empower all students to become responsible and contributing global citizens.
1. Climate and Culture for Excellence
2. Outstanding Student Achievement
3. Effective Communication & Community Engagement
4. High Performing Workforce
5. Leader in Technology and Innovation
6. Accountable Resource Management
Please refresh for the most current and up-to-date Agenda.
REGULAR MEETING – TIME APPROXIMATE 5:00 P.M.
A. CALL TO ORDER, AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
B. ADOPT AGENDA AND FORMAT – Superintendent’s and/or School Board Members requests to amend the agenda or remove items from the consent agenda.
C. APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES
1. Approve Minutes of
December 15th, 2015,
2016 and January 12, 2016
01.21.16 / 01.22.16
01.21.16 / 01.22.16
D. RECOGNITION OF EXCELLENCE IN THE MONROE COUNTY SCHOOLS
1. Reception honoring the District's Volunteers of the Year, Anne O'Neal and Aivy Oliver, Time Approximate 4:45 PM
2. Great Educational Moment’s, GEM's
a. KLS's Volunteer of the Year: Carol Price
b. KLS's PTA Members: Katie Hernandez, Wendi Sullivan, Laura Weinstock, and Eva Brown
CITIZEN INPUT/REQUEST(S) TO ADDRESS THE SCHOOL BOARD ON CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS ONLY. Presentations to the Board are limited to three (3) minutes for each individual speaker and five (5) minutes for the representative of a designated group. Transfer of time between individuals and/or groups is not permitted. Letters submitted to each Board Member and/or the Board Secretary prior to a Board Meeting will not additionally be read into the record at the meeting.
E. CONSENT AGENDA All items listed as consent agenda items are considered routine and non-controversial by the School Board and will be approved by a single motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items. Prior to this meeting, Board Members have had the opportunity to review each of these items and may request that any item be moved to an Action Item for individual consideration.
1. Approve the Personnel Recommendations for the 2015-2016 School Year.
2. Approve Contract with 451 Solutions.
4. Accept the Procurement Card Transaction Statement.
5. Approve the Pre-Approval Budget Amendments.
6. Approve Budget Summary Reports.
7. Accept Charter School Reports.
Approve Purchase of SAP Business Objects Tool with
9. Approve Legal Invoices for Vernis & Bowling. 1.21.16
CITIZEN INPUT/REQUEST(S) TO ADDRESS THE SCHOOL BOARD ~ The School Board cannot take action on input/request(s), but the School Board may place an item on the agenda of a subsequent meeting for action. Presentations to the Board are limited to three (3) minutes for each individual speaker and five (5) minutes for the representative of a designated group. Transfer of time between individuals and/or groups is not permitted. Letters submitted to each Board Member and/or the Board Secretary prior to a Board Meeting will not additionally be read into the record at the meeting.
Strategic Objective 2 – Outstanding Student Achievement
1. Strategic Objective 2: Outstanding Student Achievement, Action Plan Year 3, Dave Murphy
Strategic Objective 6 - Accountable Resource Management
1. Construction Update, Patrick Lefere
a. Plantation Key School
b. Monroe County Public Library, Marathon
G. ACTION ITEMS
1. Pulled Consent Items.
2. Approve Out of State Field Trip for Coral Shores High School.
3. Approve Out of State Field Trip for Key West High School.
4. Approve Out of State Field Trip for Horace O’Bryant School.
5. Approve Proclamation Honoring Take Stock in Children. 01.21.16