Mark T. Porter,
Superintendent of Schools
Workshop & Regular Meeting
A.J. Henriquez Administrative Complex
241 Trumbo Road
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Live on Channel 78 and Live Web Stream
The MISSION of the Monroe County Schools is to empower all students to become responsible and contributing global citizens.
1. Climate and Culture for Excellence
2. Outstanding Student Achievement
3. Effective Communication & Community Engagement
4. High Performing Workforce
5. Leader in Technology and Innovation
6. Accountable Resource Management
Please refresh for the most current and up-to-date Agenda.
WORKSHOP AGENDA – TIME APPROXIMATE 2:00 P.M.
1. 2016-2017 District Preliminary Budget, James Drake (20 Min.)
2. Monroe Computes Report, John Padget and Melanie Stefanowicz, (20 Min.)
REGULAR MEETING – TIME APPROXIMATE - UPON CONCLUSION OF WORKSHOP ITEMS.
A. CALL TO ORDER, AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
B. ADOPT AGENDA AND FORMAT – Superintendent’s and/or School Board Members requests to amend the agenda or remove items from the consent agenda.
C. APPROVAL OF MEETING MINUTES
1. Approve Minutes of
January 26, 2016
and February 9th, 2016
D. RECOGNITION OF EXCELLENCE IN THE MONROE COUNTY SCHOOLS
CITIZEN INPUT/REQUEST(S) TO ADDRESS THE SCHOOL BOARD ON CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS ONLY. Presentations to the Board are limited to three (3) minutes for each individual speaker and five (5) minutes for the representative of a designated group. Transfer of time between individuals and/or groups is not permitted. Letters submitted to each Board Member and/or the Board Secretary prior to a Board Meeting will not additionally be read into the record at the meeting.
E. CONSENT AGENDA All items listed as consent agenda items are considered routine and non-controversial by the School Board and will be approved by a single motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items. Prior to this meeting, Board Members have had the opportunity to review each of these items and may request that any item be moved to an Action Item for individual consideration.
Approve Personnel Recommendations for 2015-2016.
2. Approve District Travel. 02.18.16
3. Accept the Procurement Card Transaction Statement.
4. Approve the Pre-Approval Budget Amendments.
5. Approve Budget Summary Reports.
Approve Legal Services Invoices: Vernis & Bowling.
7. Approve Purchase with United Solutions for Canon Scanners.
8. Approve Donation of School Bus to the City of Marathon Fire Rescue.
Approve Memorandum of Understanding with the City of Key West Fire Department.
10. Approve Participation in the State Science & Engineering Fair of Florida (SSEF).
11. Approve Participation in the State Mock Trial Competition.
12. Approve Participation in the 2016 Commissioner’s Academic Challenge Competition.
13. Accept Head Start Self-Assessment Report.
14. Accept Head Start Monthly Update.
15. Authorize Legal Action to Remove Structure/Tenant(s).
Approve Purchase Order for Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Approve Contract with Ardor Health.
Approve Contract with Sunbelt Staffing, Inc.
Strategic Objective 2: Outstanding Student Achievement
1. 2014-2015 Preliminary School & District Grades, Dave Murphy
1. HOB Daycare Fee Accounting Final
G. ACTION ITEMS
1. Pulled Consent Items.
Approve Risk Management/Property Insurance Package Renewal.
3. Adopt School Calendars
for 2016-2017 School Year
and 2017-2018 School Year. 02.17.16
02.17.16 upd 02.19.16
Approve TRIM Calendar for 2016-2017.
Accept the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
02.17.16 upd 02.18.16
02.17.16 upd 02.18.16
6. Approve Student Discipline Case 15-16-6S.